Lowering Electric Bills
Craddock Electrical wants you to know that small changes can add up to big savings on your electric bills. It’s easy to get smart with how you use electricity. Trying just a few of these no-cost changes in your home and you could save hundreds of dollars a year. At Craddock, we treat you like family!
- Use task lighting and turn off ceiling lights and use table lamps, track lighting and under-counter lights in work and hobby areas as well as in kitchens.
- Manage your thermostat with a programmable one that allows for saving energy when you’re not at home.
- Use natural light. A south-facing window can illuminate 20 to 100 times its area. Use window coverings to block out sun in warmer months.
- Take shorter showers if you have an electric water heater. Hot water is expensive. Turn water off when shaving, washing hands, brushing teeth
- Standby power can account for 10% of an average household’s annual electricity use. Unplug unused electronics and save $50 a year.
- Did you know that two 100-watt incandescent bulbs switched off an extra two hours per day could save you $20 over a year? Switch to LED and save much more!
- By switching laundry from hot to cold water for an average of three loads per week. A dry towel added to your dryer load can significantly reduce drying times.
- Keep your fridge and freezer at their ideal temperature. For your fridge this is between 35F° and 37F° your freezer should be at 0°F or lower.
Want to save even more money? Mention this article for a special discount. Contact Craddock Electrical today to get the professional service you need, including 24/7 emergency repairs. We appreciate your time and thank you for looking us over!